“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” ~Winston Churchill
Very often, we are asked why Sunshine and Rainbows ELC needs volunteers and fundraisers. First, by becoming a part of the school, we develop a community where our children can thrive in a safe, loving, and learning-rich environment. Friendships made here will last you and your children a lifetime. When our children see us in and around their school, they know we are aware of their environment and are participating in their education.
Second, Sunshine and Rainbows ELC is a non-profit organization and we work very hard to keep tuitions reasonable for all of our families while providing a top-notch preschool program. The tuition and enrollment fees received from students cover the salaries for the staff and daily operating expenses of the program. In order to provide for the rest of the preschool’s needs we fundraise.
Fundraising efforts pay for a significant portion of the needs of the school including:
- Religion curriculum
- In-house field trips (all ages)
- Social activities for the children and the parents (donuts with Dad, parent coffees, etc)
- Playground maintenance and improvements
- Classroom needs (including new educational tools)
- Scholarship fund (available to graduating high schoolseniors who completed the 4s and 5s program when it was called “Rainbow Days”).
The volunteers who assist us with various events throughout the year make all of this possible. We need safe environment trained parents to assist us in the classroom during the year, and we need volunteers at the various fundraising events around our church community. Some of our fundraising efforts including:
- Campbell’s Labels for Education, Scholastic Book Orders, and the Sunshine and Rainbows ELC Gazette advertisements
- St. Jude Craft Fair and Bake Sale: Sunshine and Rainbows Early Learning Center receives money for set-up, staffing the raffle, clean up and all proceeds from the bake sale.
- Valentine’s Day Bake Sale: We sell what our volunteers bake and utilize all the proceeds for the school!
- Family Dinner: This is a great event for the entire family where you have an opportunity to win great raffle prizes.
Together we can make our preschool a better place for our children to inspire their hearts, hands, and minds.
Remember Parents Make the Difference!