“The world is hugged by the faithful arms of volunteers.” Terri Guillemets
At Sunshine & Rainbows ELC, our volunteers share their labor of love with our preschool by giving their time and physical energy for the good of our children.
Volunteering not only benefits our preschool, but also enriches our relationship with our own children. By volunteering our children witness our commitment to being actively involved in their school, and it teaches them by example the importance of volunteering and giving back.
At Sunshne & Rainbows ELC, we have a volunteering policy that seeks commitment from every family who is a part of our preschool program. “We ask each family volunteer for at least two activities per child enrolled during the year.”
Volunteers in the classroom must complete the safe environment training at any catholic church; however, there are many opportunities to volunteer that do not involve interaction with children.
Opportunities to Volunteer
During School day
- Parent involvement days (usually 45m – 1 hr of service) during the school day
- Being the Game Coordinator for a classroom party (usually 45m)
- Being a room parent
- Assisting in the classroom as requested by a teacher
After Business Hours
- Baking treats for the Bake Sale in November and February
- Making food for the Staff Appreciation Luncheon in December
- Helping on the Saturdays of Playground Clean-up
- Helping teachers/staff by taking home items to be cut out
- Helping with the Craft Fair (2 hrs) or the Carnival (1hr)
- Helping with the Family Dinner (1-2 hrs)
- Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
No matter what you would like to do, we will always gladly accept your help. For more information on how you can become an active part of the Sunshine & Rainbows ELC community, contact Meredith Robinson, PAC Volunteer Services Coordinator.